Thursday, February 25, 2010

High School Retreat

The high school retreat last weekend was completely flipped fromt he middle school one. We had 8 guys and 4 girls and 4 adults. The group was mostly young but we had a great time. We focused on priorities wit hthis group as well. Instead of going ice skating, we spent some time at the acquarium before walking around in downtown Gatlinburg. I feel like I have started a rook training school. We continue to get more that know how to play which is great as soon as they know how to play well. Taboo was very interesting. I realized how old I was when some of the clues I gave just got blank looks. I can't believe we went through almost the entire box of words. The raccoon didn't come back but we did have wasps to keep us entertained. I wish we would have known they were there before Marc stepped on one. For some reason, this retreat wasn't as loud as the one with the Middle Schoolers. Wonder why that is? Retreat season is over for another winter. Retreats are great. Spending time together away from all the distractions is great. How are we going to deal with 25 high schoolers next year? Got any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment